Oregano and his lovely wife hosted a great dinner party this week. For once, the Calgary weather cooperated and it was truly a perfect July evening. Hot Chili and the ski guy arrived just before Nutmeg and Ginger. The menu was outstanding, feel free to copy parts or all for your next party as long as you make sure to invite Nutmeg and credit Oregano.
Here is the line-up:
- Starter: seasonal antipasto: citrus shrimp, cheese, grapes, blackberries, olives….
- Main: mixed peppers – grilled to perfection, lightly seasoned halibut on the grill, grilled portabello mushrooms
- Side: cannellini beans, cooked in the pressure cooker (Oregano’s favorite cooking method) and spiced with oregano – served slightly chilled
- Garnish: “signature” lemon marmalade
- Desert: vanilla bean ice cream, ruby red grapefruit segments soaked in pink champagne and garnished with fresh mint
- Beverages: red, white and pink ….in copious quantities
All around a fantastic evening; great company, great food and lots of laughs. However, Ginger would like to complain about his sluggish condition today.
Nutmeg would like thank Oregano for the secret marmalade recipe.