It is sweltering!
The thought of making dinner is overwhelming.
There are two solutions:
- Pour yourself a cold, frosty drink
- Order take-out.
If you insist on cooking, keep it simple and this summer salad is the perfect answer, easy, tasty and filling.
Panzanella salad is originally from the Tuscan region of Italy, now is found on many restaurant menus. Like many recipes, this one evolved from a solution for stale bread, to a fancy “meal” salad that allows restaurants to charge a bit more.
2-3 Fillets Wild Salmon
- 2 Cups Green beans, the ends removed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 Cups Cherry tomatoes, washed
- 1½ Cups Arugula, washed
- ½ Cup Black olives, ideally from France or Italy
- 4 Tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ Tablespoons Red wine vinegar
- 1 whole Baguette, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat your oven to 375F
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper
- Place salmon skin side down on a lightly oiled baking sheet
- Bake until well cooked 10-12 minutes (depending on fillet size)
- Wash the cherry tomatoes, lightly coat oil and place in a roasting pan
- Roast the tomatoes until soft 15-20 minutes
- Note: you can skip this step completely and serve with fresh tomatoes
- Bring water to a boil and cook the beans for about 3-minutes until crisp-tender
- Drain and set aside
- Make the dressing by whisking together the olive oil, vinegar salt and pepper
- Toss the tomatoes, beans, olives, bread in the dressing
- Allow the salmon to cool slightly and flake with a fork (discard any bones and the skin)
- Add the salmon to the other ingredients
- Finally, add the arugula right before serving
Food Travel Tags:
Healthy Salads, Healthy Salmon recipes, Meal salads, Panzanella salad, Salad, Salmon